Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello

Eeek! My first post!  So quick introduction then, my name is Emma, I work full time in a non-crafty job so spend my free time pursuing my love of craft and design. I have an absolute need to make and create.
I live in a very very quite village with my boyfriend of three years who asked me to marry him last week! How exciting. So lots of planning ahead.

I have really enjoyed seeing the recent 2013 review posts on blogs I follow, it is amazing to see what they've been up to through the year all in one place. I want this! Keeping this blog will enable me to track and record what I have done and also encourage me to keep making the time to do the things I love.

I have always wanted to crochet and had tried many times and failed but stuck at it recently and with a bit of persistence have been 'hooked' ever since (sorry). I would definitely say I am still a beginner but learning constantly. I have created a few little things, starting with the standard for beginners - the granny square, then the never-ending-granny-square-just-keep-going-round-until-its-baby-blanket-size then this, my first major achievement (and still work in progress!) this granny stripe blanket -

And growing a bit - please excuse the dog, she loves to help me with everything!


I love the colours! I don't usually go for rainbow colours but I am very pleased with the results so far. I think I will be working on this blanket for a long time, it is one I tend to pick up, get bored of the repetitiveness of blanket making, put down, pick up.....
You can find very clear instructions for this blanket here http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2010/05/granny-striping.html . Amazing blog full of inspiration. 
Anyway, enough crochet for now, I will post some of the other things I have made shortly.

I also love painting, sewing, embroidery, cross stitch, paper cutting, quilting and scrapbooking so you will see some of those here too. For this year I am hoping to try my hand at knitting (scary!) and jewellery making.

That's all for now, thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment